At Penpot there are two main tools to manage color: the color picker and the color palette.
Here you have the anatomy of the color picker:
- Eyedropper: allows you to pick any color of the objects at the viewport.
- Color profiles: select between RGB, the harmony wheel or HSV.
- Gradients: set linear or radial gradients.
- Sliders: easily manage color and opacity.
- Textboxes: if you need to set values with precision.
- Shortcuts: switch between recent colors and libraries.
- Color palette: a quick launcher of the palette with the selected library.
The color palette allows you to have a selected color library at plain sight. Use the menu to easily switch between libraries.
There are three ways to show/hide the color palette:
- From the main menu at the top left navbar.
- Pressing the color palette button the toolbar.
- Using the color palette launcher at the color picker (see previous section).
Use the menu to easily switch between libraries.
Switch between big and small thumbnails sizes.